Locatie: Broek op Langedijk
Biscuit International is the leading European manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits, with a wide range of products with a European or local presence – traditional biscuits, nutrition (organic, gluten-free, no added sugars, no palm oil, lactose free…), waffles, etc. – Here at Biscuit International, product innovation is at the heart of what we do. Our people are always striving ahead so that our products meet the needs and wants of our customers.
Biscuit International was created in 2016 as a result of the combination between Poult (the French leader) and Banketgroep (Netherlands). As the industry’s leading consolidation platform in Europe, the group acquired in 2018: A&W (Germany), Stroopwafel & Co (Netherlands), Northumbrian Fine Foods (United Kingdom), and Arluy (Spain), and in 2019: Aviateur (Netherlands)
to become the European Leader in the Private Label sweet biscuits market. BI is owned by private equity funds.
For our central Purchasing team, we are hiring an
Assistant buyer, Full time; located in the Netherlands (Broek op Langedijk).
Support the Purchasing team, located in the Netherlands and in France, in achieving the different steps of their purchasing activities.
- 1) Administrative support to Purchasing
- a. Data entry and update in ERP systems
- b. Monthly consolidation of actual and forecast volumes
- c. Management of suppliers incidents (invoices, deliveries, claims)
- d. Support RfP elaboration
- 2) Communication and coordination with other teams
- a. Interface between the Purchasing team and factories, call-off and R&D teams
- b. Support the development of new references through quotations and ad hoc contacts with development teams, in particular for packaging
- c. Support the preparation of Purchasing team meetings (data consolidation)
- 3) Ownership of a purchasing portfolio
- a. Categories of products or services to be defined according to the profile
This position reports to Biscuit International group Purchasing Director and is in direct contact with the group CFO.
It is highly exposed to the group Purchasing team as well as to R&D, Manufacturing and Finance functions.
Qualifications linked to this position:
- Bachelor degree in Business, NEVI is an advantage;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, ideally in Purchasing or in the food industry;
- Masters the Dutch and English languages, ideally also French and German;
- Masters Excel, ideally also SAP;
- Good set of skills in verbal and written expression;
- Proactivity, autonomy and can-do attitude;
- Structured and precise way of working combined with analytical skills;
- Willingness to progress in the Purchasing function;
- Interest in the food industry.
What do we offer:
- A challenging job within a pleasant and informal working environment;
- A market-conform salary based on your experience and skills;
- A dynamic and growing company where your initiative will be appreciated;
- Future development within the Business.
Interested? You can apply via our website (see contact form below) or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please upload or send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English. If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact Kees Steenhuis (lead buyer) at 0226-331176.